We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

PC Adviser e-mail

Splodge

Likes # 0

Just received an e-mail about the latest issue of PC Adviser featuring Windows8.

Rather than get out of my comfortable seat, I decided to use their facility to purchase it through their site.

So, I filled in my my details and credit card number and and elected to have it sent and clicked "send".

Alas, I immediately received a notification that the site was unobtainable!

Now, little worry really, I can just hop out and buy a copy EXCEPT I am not sure whether or not the message is now "in the digital post and it will finally arrive.

Guess I will have to keep checking my credit card's site to see if a transaction appears! And contain my curiosity for a couple of days longer.

Like this post
simonjary

Likes # 0

We'll look into this. Please send further details so we can see what happened. Thanks!

Like this post
Splodge

Likes # 0

There is not much to add really.

I do much of my shopping on the net. I have 3 credit cards and 2 debit cards and routinely pay or transfer funds between them.

So I filled in my details as usual, pressed confirm and imkediately there was an odd screen saying that I could not connect and it then disappeared!

What can I say, these things happen but I suspect that your new site needs testing.

Meanwhile I will give it a few days and then check if my credit card has been charged! If not I will try again.

I have kept your original e-mail announcing the product so I will be able to have another go!

That's life!

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

I think that you must have upset the GREMLIN as you posted your concerns on the Windows 8 forum. Is that a forewarning about the fate of 8 I wonder?

:)

Like this post
Matt Egan

Likes # 0

Hi Splodge - anything further? We'd really like to resolve this for you.

Like this post
Splodge

Likes # 0

Nope! I have been waiting for a successful buyer to confirm a purchase.

I did note that it is available at some W H Smith stores, so in my travels I will pop in there.

Have PC Advisor attempted a trial purchase by one of its staff from their home?

Like this post
Matt Egan

Likes # 0

We're investigating now. Thanks for your patience.

Like this post
Matt Egan

Likes # 1

Right, here is the definitive answer from the people in the know.

We tested the page as you suggested, and it was fine - although it is possible there was an error in the past. However, if you didn't get a confirmation email then your order would not have gone through.

So feel free to put the order through again or alternatively we can send you the WH Smiths stockists spread sheet attached so that you can find your nearest store and ask for it.

Any further problems, do give me a shout.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Microsoft teases new OS ahead of 30 September unveiling

IDG UK Sites

From the iPhone 6 to the iWatch and a new Apple TV we look at the products Apple is set to launch...

IDG UK Sites

September 2014 creative trends: 5 things you must see

IDG UK Sites

What to expect from Apple in autumn/winter 2014: iPhone 6, iPhone Air, iWatch, iPad 6, new Apple...