We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

zone alarms check point

conrail

Likes # 0

using windows 7 home premium sp1 with zone alarm, the checkpoint option is becoming annoying, when it pops up fine but then it keeps popping up telling me not to send any more info to zone alarm, when I click ok or the x button it disappears only to reappear moments later, once is fine, how can I stop it recurring, or is there a better option? all advice appreciated

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

You may be interested in this article and the fix on how to disable the pop-up.

Like this post
conrail

Likes # 0

thanks for prompt reply difarn, read the article which mentions 'zlclient.exe' cannot find this file on my pc, there is a check point file installed but cannot find a file named zone alarm either

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

Is this the free Zone Alarm that you have?

Can I suggest that you uninstall and re-install it.

This article gives you instructions on how to do it.

Like this post
conrail

Likes # 0

thanks difarn, uninstalled and reinstalled but something went wrong, after running the program I got a black screen and only restarting in safe mode would let me see my desktop and it said zone alarm had a conflict but when I selected view other program non came up so I restarted and again just had a black screen, the only thing I could see was my mouse pointer but using that I could not select anything, not even start, so I restarted again in safe mode and uninstalled zone alarm and everything is fine, didn't have this problem when I 1st installed so no idea on what happened

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

There is obviously a conflict somewhere - there are many posts about similar situations here.

Is this your only anti-virus protection? If so how about trying out AVG free?

Like this post
conrail

Likes # 0

thanks difarn, I have avast so that can be the only conflict although za did not name any, windows firewall shouldn't cause problems, your link was very informative so again many thanks

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

There are some posts that do say there is a conflict and that sometimes this combination can also contribute to the slowing down of a pc.

Glad to help.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy S6 release date, features and specs rumours: When will the Galaxy S6 come out?

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Free rocket & space sounds: NASA launches archive of interstellar audio on SoundCloud

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests, beautiful...