We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

No connections are available

b41n5

Likes # 0

I turned on my Netbook (Packard Bell NAV50, Windows 7) the other day and it would not connect to the internet. Not only won't it connect, but I can't even find any wireless networks, the icon in the bottom right just has a red cross. I'm currently using another laptop which can detect the network and next doors too so it is not a problem with the router. My PS3, phone, iPod etc also all connect fine. I've checked the fn f2 thing and that is definately on and working. Also when i click on "change adapter settings" in "network and sharing centre", it is there and is enabled and has the full green symbol icon but also has a red cross. I've checked loads of threads with no luck. Any ideas?

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

I'm assuming that it was working correctly until recently? Have there been any updates that may have caused this? If so you could try restoring the pc to an earlier date or uninstalling any suspect updates.

If not....

Have you tried connecting it directly to the router via ethernet and then making sure updates are up to date, including driver updates for the wireless adapter?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

8 cheapest 4G smartphones in the UK 2014: Best budget 4G phones

IDG UK Sites

Apple MacBook Air lab tests and benchmarks: 11-inch & 13-inch, 256GB, 2014 Mac laptops tested

IDG UK Sites

How to prank people using Google Glass

IDG UK Sites

Brian Cox to step into will.i.am's shoes with IBC keynote