We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

'Stuttering' Windows Media Player

bon bon

Likes # 0

I use Windows Player (version 12.0.7601.17514), extensively on my Chillblast PC (Windows 7, Intel i7 860 CPU, 4G RAM, Via High Definition Audio version 6.0.1.7300 (latest)), and every .mp3 file played ‘stutters’ (i.e- has a break in playback) for ½ a second or so exactly 20 seconds from the end of the track. However when I play the same tracks on another media player (e.g.- RealPlayer), the whole track plays perfectly. Any ideas anyone?

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 1

Do you have the latest Codecs pack for Windows 7? - if not download from here enter link description here

Like this post
bon bon

Likes # 0

Sorted! Many thanks northumbria61

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Good News - now mark this as resolved.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, price, specs and new features: Invite confirms 9 September launch

IDG UK Sites

Nostalgia time: Top 10 best selling mobile phones in history

IDG UK Sites

How Ford designs next-generation cars at its Melbourne Design Centre

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, rumours, video, UK price & images: iPhone launch event confirmed for 9...