We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Samsung SCX 3405FW printer connecting wireless to windows 7 PC

georgiemd

Likes # 0

Hi,

I am having huge issues getting my new Samsung SCX 3405FW printer to connect wirelessly to my PC running Windows 7.

I have run through the instalation process many times and it always ends with 2 outcomes.

1) When I try to create a network between my printer - router - PC it states that my WPA2 password is invalid. It is not!

2) When I attempt to create an "ad-hoc" network direct from the printer to the PC the instalation process untils it reaches near the end and it tells me that my must enable "portthru" in my network settings. The only place that I can see one can add a "portthru" thing is via my firewall settings.

I have had Samsung on the phone for hours and they cannot fix it.

Any ideas?

Yes, I have downloaded and installed the latest version of the software and drivers for the printer. I have tried a reset to factory settings on the printer etc etc.

Any help would be much appreciated

thanks

George

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

Can I clarify - do you want to add it to your network or just to your PC?

For connection to PC Try:-

Uninstalling the printer. Then connect the printer to the PC using a usb cable until it is recognised Disconnect the usb cable Make sure the printer is on then click Add a Printer. Click Add a Network, Wireless or Bluetooth printer. You should see the printer Go through the wizard and make sure NOT to 'share the printer' Make sure to set it as your default printer.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

Apple TV expert tips: get US Apple TV content, watch Google Play, use multiple Apple IDs and more