We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Web Cam

photobas1

Likes # 0

Hi My web cam will not work on some sites but works on others any ideas

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

My Crystal Ball is in for repair at the moment ..... so,

What OS?

What Webcam?

What sites work or don't work?

Like this post
photobas1

Likes # 0

OS is Windows 7 webcam is Microsoft VX 3000 it worked ok for some time then just stopped when Flash player updated it will not work on Yahoo messenger does this help

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Several things you could try - First, try a System Restore back to before updating Flash player.

Second, try updating the Webcam's Driver.

Third, try updating Yahoo Messenger.

Good luck.

If none of the above work, try using Skype instead of Messenger.

Like this post
Condom

Likes # 0

I had the exact same problem with my VX3000 on messenger using W7. Sometimes on start up it would recognise the camera sometimes it wouldn't. It worked when I unplugged the USB socket and put it back in again but that was annoying. It was a driver problem in that Windows automatically installed a driver which seemed to clash with the driver which came with the camera.

I cured it by removing both the drivers and then rebooting and just letting it install the W7 driver. It seems to have worked as I no longer have the problem.

Like this post
rockets

Likes # 0

My camara is worse, it can not be used on any website..

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Sony PlayStation 5 release date, price and specs UK: When is the PS5 coming out?

IDG UK Sites

New Apple TV release date rumours, features: 'new Apple TV next week' rumour

IDG UK Sites

Mobile email is powerful and useful - but also hopelessly intrusive

IDG UK Sites

How the Oculus Rift VR headset is helping train the surgeons of tomorrow