We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Win 7 reinstall on Sony Laptop

lagavulin1

Likes # 0

I bought a Vaio laptop when working in Germany with Win 7 Home Premium. The reinstall on this would be from an install partition and in german. I upgraded to german Ultimate by buying a DVD and installing the English language pack. Its time to do a clean reinstall.

Before taking the plunge would anybody know if there is the option to install ultimate direct from the DVD in English or do i have to follow the above tortuous route. Many thanks if you can help.

Like this post
johndrew

Likes # 0

I think this thread answers your question although it was asked against a Home Premium installation.

Looks like you have the longer route to endure. Perhaps, one day, MS will decide that it is not only worth installing all variations of an OS with one CD but also all languages as well.

Like this post
lagavulin1

Likes # 0

Groan ! Thanks JD.

Like this post
sharpamat

Likes # 0

http://www.heidoc.net/joomla/technology-science/microsoft/14-windows-7-direct-download-links

Have a read here, Whilst it refers to German as version that you can install it another language and activate. because the licence is for the version not the Language.

If I read it correct you can download the ultimate version and legally use the Key you have to install and use it

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Moto G2 (2014) vs Moto E comparison review: New Moto G is worth the extra cash

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Oculus Rift 'Crescent Bay' prototype hands-on: it's an amazing experience

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...