We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Windows screen resolutions

adambucky

Likes # 0

Hi I have just installed a nvidia graphics card.(GTX 560ti)

Previously to installing the card i managed to find the screen where it gives a list of individual (pre-installed) resolutions to change to*

Does using a graphics card mean you cant use this way of changing the display.

*not the screen that gives you slide rule to change resolutions that fills in the resolutions once they are actually chosen)

Like this post
mgmcc

Likes # 0

If you cannot now set the resolution from the Display applet in Control Panel, has the graphics card installed its own applet to configure the settings?

Like this post
johndrew

Likes # 0

Using NVidia GTS 450 cards, my W7 detected the monitor and automatically set the resolution to its recommended level.

However another way of setting it manually is to right click on an empty area of desktop and select 'Screen Resolution' (third from the bottom in my list) this will allow you to auto-detect or set it as you want. You should also find the green 'swirly' NVidia Control Panel icon in both the previous method and in 'Show hidden icons' in the Taskbar; when this is used the option is under the 'Display' list.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Samsung Galaxy Note 4 comparison: What's the best Android phablet?

IDG UK Sites

The iPhone is doomed. Doomed to be marginally less successful than a very successful thing.

IDG UK Sites

How to prototype native mobile apps without writing code

IDG UK Sites

How to prepare for and update to OS X Yosemite: Get your Mac ready to download & install Apple's...