We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

This weeks Windows Update

Caskstrength60

Likes # 0

Has anyone had problems with this weeks Windows update ? KB2653956 won't load into both my Main and laptop computer , it stalls on the restart just getting so far through the loading or getting to 100% then just stops with the spinning circle . Both are running Windows 7 home premium SP1 , should this have been offered to me as the home premium edition doesn't offer Remote access ? Cheers !

Like this post
johndrew

Likes # 0

Mine installed with no problem (W7 Pro). Have you tried downloading the update and installing from your desktop?

Like this post
Caskstrength60

Likes # 0

Yes i tried that and it did exactly the same . Does W7 Pro offer remote access ? because W7 HP doesn't......

Like this post
VCR97

Likes # 0

Installed OK on my Home Premium/SP1.

Like this post
Caskstrength60

Likes # 0

Microsoft support sent me a solution and it worked on both computers . They gave the Support number as KB836941 but i couldn't find it in the search on http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support .

Like this post
johndrew

Likes # 0

Caskstrength60

Does W7 Pro offer remote access

Unfortunately W7 (all variants to my knowledge) only uses the local Update window. I preferred the old XP remote facility myself.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

This was a"Security update for W7 64bit systems." Installed ok on my Ultimate, but the total took a long time especially the .NET framework updates. Have you tried a "search for updates" to see if is outstanding?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

Apple TV expert tips: get US Apple TV content, watch Google Play, use multiple Apple IDs and more