We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Canon MG 6150 printer problems

Andrew_Wales

Likes # 0

I purchased a Canon MG 6150 printer because of the good reviews it was receiving. It prints beautiful colour images but of particular interest was its ability to print good black and white images. Unfortunately this has not been as good with this printer as was hoped for. Viewed under tungsten light all black and white prints exhibit a noticeable magenta cast. This goes away to some extent under daylight. Returning the printer to a Canon service centre did not resolve the problem despite them changing some components. This problem also shows up when using the SD card slot so IMHO is not due to a lack of calibration between the monitor and the printer. Anyone got any ideas as to what the problem could be. BTW I am using Canon inks and papers.

Like this post
johndrew

Likes # 0

I would have thought that normal printer setup should have given the result you expect. However it may be something to do with the printer options. Look in 'Control Panel/Devices & Printers' and double click your printer then select 'Adjust print options'. In the new panel select 'Paper/Quality' and under 'Color' select 'Black & White'. Click 'Apply' and 'OK'. Try a monochrome print with this setting. If it works then it is in the software setup if not it is very likely the printer.

If the above does fail, you can go back to 'Paper/Quality' and select the 'Advanced' button. in the list find 'ICM Method' and in the panel next to it select 'Handled by Printer'. Save this setting and try printing again; if it fails this time I would definitely suggest the printer or driver is at fault.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

The best iPhone 6 alternatives: Price and specs compared with the best smartphones

IDG UK Sites

The top 10 Apple products ranked by pixel density: Which Apple devices have the sharpest screens?

IDG UK Sites

SBTRKT's Look Away webcam-based interactive music video won't keep your gaze

IDG UK Sites

Retina MacBook Air release date rumours and specs: Gold 12in Retina MacBook Air almost 1cm thinner...