We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Mini pc freezes?

EVERTON2

Likes # 0

I am using Windows 7 and seem to be getting some mini pc freezes recently. I can be typing a document or email or just scrolling down a page when a clicking noise comes out of the speakers and the pc freezes for a few seconds, very frustarting if typing a document etc. Any ideas please, it's driving us nuts!!!

Many thanks in advance

Paul

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

The first thing to do is to see if it is a power supply problem. You don't say whether it is a laptop or desktop? If it is a laptop does it happen when you do not have the power lead attached? If it is a desktop have you tried another power lead just in case it is faulty?

Like this post
EVERTON2

Likes # 0

Hi,many thanks for taking the time to post some advice. I tried changing the power lead but problem still persists.

thanks again

Paul

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

Ok - you do not say if it is a desktop or a laptop?

Have you checked your power plan settings?

There could be a problem of overheating, particularly if it is a laptop. Have you had a go at cleaning out any dust/debris?

It could be a loose connection/wire tapping the inside of the case or it could be the start of a hard drive problem.

Can I suggest that you do a back up of any data you want to keep just in case. Have you created a restore disc.

You can check your hard drive by using the microsoft disk check facility here.

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

Hi again, meant to ask you if all of your drivers have been updated.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

4G to get faster and cheaper with Freeview spectrum: We're in for a wait though

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy your gadgets at launch: Wait and pick up a bargain

IDG UK Sites

Artist creates a geometric rave in a chapel for The House of St Barnabus

IDG UK Sites

Mac mini (Late 2014) 1.4 GHz review: Mac mini is sort of upgradable, but is it any good as it is?