We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Email ''new''

catpwss
Resolved

Likes # 0

Hi,Happy Easter to all.I'm looking for some suggestions for an alternative email rather than using windows live mail. I'm using windows seven. Thanks in advance.

Like this post
catpwss

Likes # 0

Maybe I should have made my question a little more clearly. I'm looking for an alternative to windows live mail,What are the recommended ones. Been googleing and came across a few 'Thunderbird /Postbox / Zimbra /Inbox2'.

Any thoughts on any mentioned above Please.

Thanks.C

Like this post
mgmcc

Likes # 0

Thunderbird is from the same stable as Firefox (Mozilla) and worth a look.

Like this post
catpwss

Likes # 0

Thanks,Do you use Thunderbird or what do you use?.I'm looking for ideas. Thanks.C.

Like this post
mgmcc

Likes # 0

I use Windows Live Mail, but I have used Thunderbird in the past and have just installed it again in a Mac to see if I prefer it to Apple's own mail.

My only criticism of Thunderbird has been that you cannot specify the font size. You can make it smaller or larger, but cannot specify, for example, 12 point.

Like this post
catpwss

Likes # 0

Thanks,will look at Thunderbird,Any tips I should know about it.I notice the latest one is Thunderbird 11.01. Many thanks.c.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Postbox is excellent - I use it regularly, it's better than Thunderbird in my opinion.

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

I use Thunderbird and really like it - it collects mail from other accounts very efficiently.

Mgmcc

Re changing of font size in Thunderbird you may be interested in this add-on.

Like this post  
catpwss

Likes # 0

Thanks all very much will be looking at thunderbird.

happy easter to all Diolch yn fawr.C.

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

Here is a link for Thunderbird if you need it - a new feature is the set-up wizard that should make it a lot easier.

Like this post
catpwss

Likes # 0

Hi good evening all.I installed thunderbird okay the setup went well with my hotmail etc,Just one point in the account options there is a part regarding checking for emails every and you can select 10min or what ever,Anyway I selected to check for new emails every 5min but what ever setting I select it always takes a long time for an email to come into my inbox. Have I done some mistake in that settings area or is that's the way thunderbird works.Any help here please. Thanks C.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...