We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Sound Vanished in Vista 64bit SP2 on Dell Studio XPS 435MT

ian munns

Likes # 0

My Dell Studio XPS 435MT 920 i7, 6Gb, Vista 64BIT SP2 has motherboard Nvidea High Definition Audio 0-3 (total 4) Channels-Driver 1.3.12.0 in Device Manager and Realtec High Definition Audio x1-Driver 6.0.1.6602. All are indicating Working Properly. But my Vista system sounds and all audio movie/recording playback has suddenly vanished. I've tried to make sure all the software audio systems are not muted or turned off, disabled, all turned to max volume. The stereo/bass sytem works fine on another PC and that other working system also doesn't work on the Dell 435MT. This also happened some time ago and a system restore recovered it but now my restore has not worked (not old enough?). The only recent events are normal updates on system and drivers and a fault with an AcGenral.dll when an exe file is launched. The motherboard seems to work ok as tapping the microphone leads to sound out on the speakers. Your help and advice please. This is driving me nuts!

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Go to the Dell site for your PC and download and reinstall the sound card drivers. That should sort it.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

The 13 most inspirational Tim Cook quotes