We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Administrator Problems.

Purpz

Likes # 0

I would really appreciate some help on this subject. I have been given a laptop from my collage and there are two account. One has admin rights (password Protected) and the other is a normal user account (the one im ment to use) but i cant install programs due to the admin locks. All i want to do is install Skype to talk to my friend. Any help here? i just need to bypass admin lacks on that thing. any way?

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

When you are installing Skype have you tried right clicking and "Run as Administrator"?

Are you locked out of the Administrator account? If not could you go into User Accounts and give your account Administrator privileges?

It is possible to run Skype from a flash drive - portable version here.

Like this post
Purpz

Likes # 0

i dont have the password for the admin due to it being for the professors. is their any way i can make my account have admin right without having the password for the only admin account?

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

There are ways around it but as your pc is loaned to you by the college it is evident that the college does not want you to install programmes because it wants to protect the integrity of the pc.

As mentioned above you can run Skype if you download the portable version onto a flash drive -that way you are not actually installing the programme on the pc.

Like this post
Purpz

Likes # 0

Could you point me in the direction of how to bypass it? It would really be appreciated?

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

"i dont have the password for the admin due to it being for the professors"

I think you will have to ask permission from the professor, seems he/she has set laptop up so that it can't be messed with. We are not allowed to assist you to bypass it.

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

I agree with lotvic - in the circumstances this would not be ethical.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Moto G2 (2014) vs Moto E comparison review: New Moto G is worth the extra cash

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Oculus Rift 'Crescent Bay' prototype hands-on: it's an amazing experience

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...