We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Microsoft office problem

prbentley

Likes # 0

Hi everyone I use Windows 7 64 Home Premium, and I have Microsoft office 2003 installed, where I use Microsoft Outlook for my main email address. In recent months, when I close down the outlook, a Microsoft pops up states 'Microsoft word has stopped working'. If the pop up isn't closed, for some reason Microsoft word opens up, and when I do need to open Microsoft word, this freezes and takes ages to open up, also on closing, it freezes again, and it is stated in start task manager 'as not responding.

Like this post
TopCat®

Likes # 0

Try opening Outlook and then 'Help' at top left. There you can use the Detect and Repair option. Certainly worth a try! ;) TC.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

You could try the suggestions outlined on lockergnome.com although it is for Word 2007 it should be same for 2003 except the 12 will be 11. The advice is to edit registry, "Right mouse click on the "Data" folder and delete it" (I would rename it not delete so that you can easily undo if needs be).

Like this post
prbentley

Likes # 0

I appreciate your advice, and I finally resolved the problem, it had something to do with a damaged global template.

Thanks

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

So your normal.dot was abnormal. lol :)

It does cause all sorts of funny probs when it gets corrupted. Guess you deleted it so it recreated a new one on next start up.

Glad you found the reason for problem and fixed it, and thanks for posting solution, it will help others who get the same problem.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Android One vs Android Silver vs Google Nexus: What is the difference?

IDG UK Sites

2014 Mac mini release date, specs, rumours: When's the new Mac mini coming out?

IDG UK Sites

Long live the internet fridge: the Internet of Things is coming

IDG UK Sites

How Prometheus' colourist Juan Ignacio Cabrera gave a tense, edgy feel to Chosen