We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

kindle transfer/usb stick to kindle

alibob

Likes # 0

A friend gave me a usb stick with Kindle ebooks on it, I made a new folder in documents the dragged & dropped a number of book titles from the usb stick to my laptop new folder. I then ejected the usb stick, clicked on new folder in documents, connected my kindle & tried to download the ebooks to my kindle. When I thought I had finished I tried to find the books on my Kindle, nothing there. Went to documents ,clicked on new folder & was told folder empty. As the books on the usb stick had dissapeared, where did they go?

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

"tried to download the ebooks to my kindle" what method did you use?

Using Windows Explorer, I just drag and drop from pc to Documents folder on Kindle then when done eject kindle (safely remove hardware)

Like this post
mgmcc

Likes # 0

Get Amazon's Send to Kindle application which adds the option to your right-click context menu. One of the advantages of using this is that the latest page you've read is tracked and can be sync'd with multiple Kindle readers. The book can also be downloaded directly into all devices.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

If you don't want to involve amazon sync you could just edit the registry to add 'Copy To Folder' and 'Move to Folder' to the rightclick menu. Also has benefit of copying/moving any of your other document files to wherever you want (same as drag and drop but you don't need Windows Explorer Folder View open to see where to 'drop')

Like this post
alibob

Likes # 0

Many thanks to Lotvic and Mgmcc, your tips were invaluable. I have now downloaded the ebooks from my friends usb stick. Many many thanks to you both for your help,alibob. PS: hope this is the correct way to reply?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 review: Great if you like big, expensive phones

IDG UK Sites

Why Sony's PS4 2.0 update is every gamer's dream (well, mine at least)

IDG UK Sites

This Grolsch ad combines stop-motion & CG for majestic results

IDG UK Sites

Apple rumours and predictions for 2015: What to expect from Apple in 2015