We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

moving cell values to another cell in XL

conrail
Resolved

Likes # 0

using windows 7 64 bit with office XP, I run a local football team and keep the fixtures, scores & scorers list on XL, I would like to create a cell that shows if we have played team A and won 3-1 (the 3 is in one cell and the one in another, ie cell c5 = 3 and cell c6 = 1, the next time we play team A I would like to show the previous score of 3-1 in another cell ie K2 hope that is clear, all help and advice appreciated.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

select K2 and type: =C2 and press enter

select K3 and type: =C3 and press enter

(or could just select K2 and type: = then put mouse cursor in C2 and click and then press enter)

Like this post  
lotvic

Likes # 0

ps. incase of misunderstanding:

don't type the : just type the =C2

Like this post
conrail

Likes # 0

thanks lotvik, that's what I was after, I appreciate your help, many thanks

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

If you want to ensure that the reference to the original cell remains as C2 then you can use =$C$2 . Absolute References

Like this post
conrail

Likes # 0

thanks Woolwell, really sorry about the delay in replying, been a busy couple of months, I appreciate your time and advice

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Sony Xperia Z3 comparison: Lollipop phablet takes on KitKat flagship smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Free rocket & space sounds: NASA launches archive of interstellar audio on SoundCloud

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests, beautiful...