We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

I have a Virus..oh..No i don't

pinnicat

Likes # 0

Running a Compaq on W7 and using MSE as my anti-viral. I picked up a virus that MSE detected, isolated and destroyed without much fuss. But every hour or so MSe kicks in unprompted and displays a meassge 'Early scans show you may have malicious software etc.' But the results show nothing. I have downed Malwarebytes and Spybot SnD and other than a bit of housekeeping there is nothing to report. MSE has just started itself AGAIN and the message is back. Any ideas guys? Thanks. Mik

Like this post
johndrew

Likes # 0

It could be the malware is also located in System Restore. To remove it you will need to turn it off to delete all Restore points, restart the PC and turn Restore back on. Look here for instructions.

Like this post
pinnicat

Likes # 0

Cheers John. I shall give that a try.

Like this post
pinnicat

Likes # 0

As well as here I also spoke to a friend in the know who has suggested that MSE is not what it used to be these days.I downed AVAST and now all seems good.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 release date, new features and compatibility: Free to download from 6pm

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

Colour-depth not resolution is what will make 4K a success or failure

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Which new iPhone 6 model should I buy?