We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

windows 8

graham154

Likes # 0

i have downloaded windows 8 preview and burnt it to disc.what i would like to know is how much disc space should i allow i have an acer ax3400 desktop pc it has a 1 and half tb hard drive split into 2 partions c and d drive i know i will need another partion as i want to keep windows 7 on my pc witch drive should i put partion on

Like this post
sharpamat

Likes # 0

I would suggest that you look at what you already have on C / D you can then use windows disc management to shrink one partion then make a new one which can then be used to install Win 8 CP. the duel boot option will then come up every time you boot

Like this post
graham154

Likes # 0

i have about 600gigs free on each drive so i guess it doesnt matter witch partion i install it on thanks for your advise

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Sony Xperia Z3 comparison: Lollipop phablet takes on KitKat flagship smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Free rocket & space sounds: NASA launches archive of interstellar audio on SoundCloud

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests, beautiful...