We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Windows 7 and BT business hub

lozzyv123

Likes # 0

Hi.. My new windows 7 laptop wont connect to the BT business hub... all other computers and laptops in the house connect fine... When I diagnose the problem it says that the device needs to be turned off and back on again... Tried this numerous times waiting minutes before switching back on but it's still saying the same thing? Please help?

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

I assume that you mean you cannot connect wirelessly? Have you tried connected it by ethernet? Does your router recognise your laptop?

You could try going into your laptop wireless connections and remove the settings for connecting to your hub. That is the SSID AND the wireless key. Then rescan for wireless networks and select you home hub network, then re-enter the wireless key.

Is this the procedure you followed?

Click Start - usually found on the bottom left of your computer screen. Type connect in the field displayed (do not press the ENTER key). Click Connect to a network. A dialog box will appear on the lower-right part of your screen, look for your hub’s network name. If you don't see your hub’s network name, click on refresh in the top right corner of the dialog box. Click on your hub’s network name. Click Connect. Enter your hub's wireless key in Security key. Click OK. Wait a few minutes while your computer connects.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...