We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

PC freezing when I watch Video

Hetti

Likes # 0

Win 7 premium, Mozilla firefox

When I use firefox to try to watch video the video runs OK but when I stop it or it ends, my PC then freezes. This does not happen with IE8. I have uninstalled Adobe flash player (with the uninstall software from Adobe) then reinstalled it bit the same happens.

I could just use IE but I prefer Firefox, so if it can be sorted I would be grateful.

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

First thing to check is that you have the current version of Adobe installed for firefox. I am using the beta version at present for firefox - not for internet explorer - and this works very well - download here if you are interested. The download is the green box top right hand corner.

To try to isolate the problem....

Open up a video, YouTube would be fine, when it is playing right click and uncheck the box that says enable hardware acceleration if it is checked and see if this helps.

You may need to disable the plug-in container - follow the steps in this article that shows you how to do it.

Like this post
Hetti

Likes # 0

difarn I do have the lastest version of flash player.

I did the "when it is playing right click and uncheck the box that says enable hardware acceleration" and it seems to be fine now. Hope this is the solution as I don't think I could carry out steps the disable the plug-in container it looks to tricky for me.

Thanks for the advice

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

It should do the trick - it did for me a while ago.

Like this post
Fradd

Likes # 0

Computer start-up problems along with their solutions. Mostly, we assume that the cause for the computer’s death may be a loose connection in desktops and empty battery in notebooks and netbooks. However, both the aspects, computer start up failure and loose power connection are not interconnected.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia Lumia 930 review: The flagship Windows Phone 8.1 smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Live Blog: Apple financial results, record June quarter, 35.2m iPhones sold, $37.4b revenue

IDG UK Sites

Welcome to the upgrade cycle - you'll never leave

IDG UK Sites

Why smartphone screens are getting bigger