We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

printer response problem

Trotter2
Resolved

Likes # 0

hi i recently posted on here for help installing a wi-fi printer, which was very successful, thankyou everybody! however i've since had a computer crsh and now i don't seem to be able to re-install my printer. i've used the software disc again and checked that the wi-fi connection is ok, but when i try to print a web page nothing happens! i have Windows 7 and the printer is an Epson Stylus SX435W. please help if you can! thanks.

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

You say you cannot re-install your printer but you say that the wi-fi connection is ok. Is your printer seen by your PC? When you click on "print" is the printer in the list? Did you reinstall the relevant driver?

Have you tried printing anything else other than web pages?

Have a look at this article about problems with printing web pages.

Like this post
Trotter2

Likes # 0

so is to best to uninstall then re-install from scratch? i installed from the disc as when first activated! is it possible for drver to have become corrupted during install?

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

I would uninstall and reinstall and make sure that your PC has recognised your printer in Devices and Printers. Make sure that you completely uninstall everything. It is possible that a driver can have been corrupted but these can be downloaded from the Epson site or you can let Windows 7 find a suitable driver.

When you have installed it try to print something other than a web page. If you still cannot get it to print web pages then go through the troubleshooter in the article in my previous post.

Like this post  
Trotter2

Likes # 0

thanks for your help difarn! all sorted now! your tips and suggestions worked! thanks!

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

Excellent - glad to help.

Like this post
Fradd

Likes # 0

Your printer may not be printing but other functions are getting properly executed. The cause may be the clogging of the ink cartridge. Just implementing the cleaning process can get it fixed.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

Apple TV expert tips: get US Apple TV content, watch Google Play, use multiple Apple IDs and more