We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Windows 7 Updates from Microsoft!

ivan112233

Likes # 0

Hello Everyone,

I would like to all Windows 7 experts for help. I have just bought a key from this store:

http://windowskeystore.com/windows-7-ultimate-key-p-81.html

But for some reason i thing that may be MSDN Key not retail. I would like to know he following things: 1.Is there a way to find out if this key is retail,OEM or MSDN? 2.In case that this key gets blocked from Microsoft,will i be notified by Microsoft?\ 3.In case my key gets blocked will i still beable to get updates and will my Microsoft Genuine logo will be still on my PC? 4.Is Microsoft will deactivate my licence?and i need to buy new one? I have just realise that the seller site is not that genuine,but i have already bought the key,so i think i learn my lesson. I just hope that the key they have provided me with is Genuine not some used key which will be blocked . Please anyone who can give me some information on my questions to let me know.

Thank to all of you.

Like this post
mgmcc

Likes # 1

I would suggest that you couldn't possibly get a genuine licence for Windows 7 Ultimate for about £22, which is what they're offering. It also seems that they provide no contact details - name, registered address, phone number etc - and a check with a "whois" site shows their domain name to be registered to someone in the Bahamas.

Personally, I'd avoid having anything to do with them at all! You certainly won't have a valid Windows 7 licence.

Like this post
ams4127

Likes # 0

mgmcc is correct. You have been ripped off. If it's any consolation, you're not the first and you won't be the last.

The only place to get a Windows key safely is direct from Microsoft.

Like this post
adamstuart07

Likes # 0

Hello Friend

The Only way for find out if this key is retail,OEM or MSD is buying with MICROSOFT see if you can want it then its available on the Microsoft site ..

but one thing you can do just close your windows update for windows 7 function because you can face problem only if you got for your window on the time of update its read and verify the unique key and other detail of window.

Like this post
Zeppelyn

Likes # 0

It will most probably get blocked sometime soon. Actually you can tell the origin from the second 3 digits displayed at Product ID under Activation when you go to Control Panel-System and Security > System. If the second three digits are 065, 066 or 067 then its for Microsoft Technet or MSDN use.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple shouldn't be blamed for exploitation in China and Indonesia