We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Installing windows 7 issue

Stryda

Likes # 0

Hello, I am trying to install windows 7 onto an old computer for my gf. The old computer has no hard drive though, so I have used my computer (which already has windows 7 loaded onto it) and hooked up a newly formatted Hard Drive to my computer, and installed a new copy of windows 7 to it. I then took out this hard drive and put it into my gf's computer, however when I go to turn it on, it states "Verifying DMI pool data......BOOTMGR is missing...Press Ctrl+ALT+DEL to restart" Is there a way to fix this? Any help greatly appreciated!!!

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

It maybe that you need to go into Advanced BIOS settings to make sure that your CD drive is being recognised as the one to boot from.

Scroll all the way down to see all the possible boot devices and choose your cd device as the first drive.

Like this post
markd71

Likes # 0

You really didn't expect that to work ? The bootmgr is totally different on your pc to what it is on your gf's . Put the hhd into the old pc and install W7 on it

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

I totally agree with markd71. You will have to start again and do it properly. As it is an old pc I hope you have checked that the other hardware will be able to support W7.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/products/system-requirements

Like this post
adamstuart07

Likes # 0

Friend What are you doing friend is not possible you installing window 7 in you computer and try to run in the other computer my friend when you install any operating system computer then the file take a place in the hard drive but friend its also create reference file in the computer memory in which it's being install.which is very impotent for running your computer operating system.if you really wanna upgrade to windows 7 then you have to one thing put your hard drive into the your girl friend computer and do format and then install the windows 7 in it now..

And i sure now it work completely fine....

Like this post
Stryda

Likes # 0

thank you very much for the responses guys! Got it working the way you said, much appreciated!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Sony PlayStation 5 release date, price and specs UK: When is the PS5 coming out?

IDG UK Sites

New Apple TV release date rumours, features: 'new Apple TV next week' rumour

IDG UK Sites

Mobile email is powerful and useful - but also hopelessly intrusive

IDG UK Sites

How the Oculus Rift VR headset is helping train the surgeons of tomorrow