We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

laptop setup

muralimadurai

Likes # 0

Dear sir I bought a samsung NP3005VAI series few days ago.they gave me a system recovery CD also.when boot up it displays two option keys F2 for setup and F4 for recovery.there is a facility of system restore in the samsung control center . the youcam cyber link webcam suddenly inverted my image.to bring it upright i searched for a manual. when I downloaded the manual(pdf) all icons turned to resemble a adobe reader icon. any could tell me why it happened. iwas able to restore to the good point. is it good to keep the same free Norton antivirus which came with windows 7 package. when to use the recovery CD. Murali

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

See later posting

Like this post
muralimadurai

Likes # 0

Difarn could you anwswer this. do I need an internet connection to share a file from another windows 7 computer by Home group. If I forgot my passowrd for home group could I make a new one. Home group work works through blootooth kindly explani

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

To set up a windows 7 homegroup you have to first set up a network (either ethernet or wireless connection). This article gives you excellent step by step instructions on how to do this - just click on the various steps in the article.

You can change the password - see this article

Bluetooth is an alternative to setting up a homegroup and you do not have to be connected to the internet to do this. You can share files between PC's, phones etc. if they are bluetooth enabled and if the sharing has been enabled.

This article gives you step by step instructions on how to set this up.

Hope this helps you.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple shouldn't be blamed for exploitation in China and Indonesia