We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Lost Copy/Cut and Paste Function

cws666

Likes # 0

I have discovered that I have lost my Copy/Cut and Paste function. This is copying/cutting from anywhere (Word, the internet, iTunes or any other text content) to anywhere. I don't know how it hapened but would grateful for some easy to follow instructions on getting it back please? I have Windows 7 and it has always worked up 'til about a week ago. I have restored the PC from an earlier checkpoint without success.

Like this post
cws666

Likes # 0

Just checked - "Drag and Drop . . . . " is enabled.

Like this post
cws666

Likes # 0

I've checked and "Drag and Drop . . . . " is enabled.

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

Proving difficult this one.

Next thing to try to do is to clear the clipboard....

Have a look at this article that explains how to create a desktop icon for clearing the clipboard. You only need to go as far as "clear the clipboard".

Just wondering if you have tried the function when using a different browser?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Alpha vs iPhone 5S comparison review: Metal smartphones fight

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Fonts review

IDG UK Sites

Best Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014