We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

hdmi no signal on tv when connected to my acer 5730 with hdmi cable.

joseph1

Likes # 0

Hello,

I have connected my hdmi cable as usual but this time i had on tv display NO SIGNAL. When i connect another pc to check the cable it seems to work correctly.The problem is coming from my pc.Can some one help me please. I am using windows7.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

You say connected... "as usual" - have you had it working before then? Have read on a blog that to get the initial picture on the tv you have to change the resolution on the PC to something like 1280 x 720 and then once working you can change the resolution back to what it was before on the PC.

If it was working before I don't suppose you have hit the key on your PC that switches off the second screen option have you?

Like this post
joseph1

Likes # 0

@difarn

Hello first of all thanks for your replay regard my problem. The resolution is sett on my pc as recommended by the pc. Both on pc and tv as recommended. Also i notice that when it is swichted to hdmi the pc seems to notice that it is connected to tv. What do to mean by hit the key on pc that switches off the second screen option.To make connection I press Fn+f5 to connect to tv.

Thanking you in advance, Joseph1.

Like this post
joseph1

Likes # 0

Hello first of all thanks for your replay regard my problem. The resolution is sett on my pc as recommended by the pc. Both on pc and tv as recommended. Also i notice that when it is swichted to hdmi the pc seems to notice that it is connected to tv. What do to mean by hit the key on pc that switches off the second screen option.To make connection I press Fn+f5 to connect to tv.

Thanking you in advance, Joseph1.

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

That is the key I was referring to - was just wondering if it had accidentally been switched over.

Perhaps you should go through the set up again to see if the tv monitor is recognised

Method 1: Connect a Standard VGA display to the computer and check if it works

a. Click Start and click Control Panel and then click on Personalization.

b. Click on Display Settings.

c. Under Display Settings click the Settings Tab.

d. Then Select the monitor display from the drop down under Display.

e. Put a checkmark against “Extend my Windows Desktop onto this monitor”.

f. Click on Apply and then click the Advanced Button.

g. Click the Graphics card tab that is installed on the computer, for example, Intel Graphics media Accelerator, and then click the Graphics properties button under Advanced.

h. Next, under the Display devices select Television as Single Display and under Multiple Display Select primary device as television and secondary device as notebook or laptop.

i. Click on Ok on all the windows to close the Display properties.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

3 of the best portable chargers: a solar power charger, a hand-cranked charger, and how to charge...

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

Thinking robots: The philosophy of artificial intelligence and evolving technology

IDG UK Sites

Sharknado 2 VFX: how The Asylum created CG flying man-eating sharks