We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Problem remote printing from IE9

xania

Likes # 0

Total configuration is:

1 desktop running Windows XP - no problems 1 Virgin Router I HP Wireless printer 1 Laptop running Windows 7.

When running Word, the laptop experiences no problems priting remotely. However, when running IE89 which includes e-mail, the laptop cannot print remotely, bhut works fine if connected through the USB port.

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

There appears to be a problem in IE9 if some printer drivers use active X based software/drivers.

Do you have the up to date drivers for your printer?

There may be a fix here

I also found this in a blog:-

"Ever since Windows 7 and IE9 were installed in my Laptop, I always noticed that the Start Menu included two links labeled like this: Inter Explorer (64-bit), and Internet Explorer. Since my version of Windows 7 is 64-bit, I always assumed that the Inter Explorer (64-bit) is the one I should always use to access the internet. Unfortunately, that’s the link that always returns the dreaded Script Error every time I try to print something off of a web page, such as my bank statement. The script error is always shown to be on line 2107, as an unspecified error. I went so far as to uninstall and reinstall IE9 four or five times without success: I was never able to print anything using Internet Explorer (64-bit). Then it occurred to me that maybe the latter might be Internet Explorer (32-bit), which is not labeled as such. I decided to try that link instead to see if the script error would come back. Surprise surprise! That’s it! If you want to print something off the internet, don’t use the link labeled Internet Explorer (64-bit). It is that simple. Use the other one. And for convenience, you can also move that link (the 32-bit) to the desk top and to the task bar. "

May just work.

Like this post
xania

Likes # 0

Thank you for this, difarn. I'm doing this for a friend so won't be able to check back until lkater but will report back. Funnily enough, I also had so 64-bit problems on my own home PC and had ditched this in favour of the 32-bit version.

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

You're welcome - hope it works out.

Like this post
sharpamat

Likes # 0

If you check Microsoft knowledge base the advice is IE 9 is not suitable for use with XP

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

I read it that it was the Windows 7 laptop that was having the problem.

Like this post
xania

Likes # 0

Problem is with laptop - Windows 7

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

Has the problem been resolved?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites