We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Cleanup 5.4.2 StevenGould any problems in windows 7 64 bit?

ray27
Resolved

Likes # 0

As any one experienced any problems using StevenGould Cleanup 5.4.2 with windows 7 64 bit I have just got a new Sony VAIO and I would like to use it I had windows XP on my old machine and it worked fine on there so would there be any problem using it on my new machine? many thans for any advice Ray

Like this post
ams4127

Likes # 0

Try it and see. Or go to the relevant website and see what it says.

Like this post
ray27

Likes # 0

I have been to the site and it does not mention Windows 7 Just Windows XP and previous Windows OP'S that's why I was asking the question to see if anyone had downloaded it onto Windows 7 64bit and had come across a conflict, as they say forewarned is forearmed

Like this post
ams4127

Likes # 0

forewarned is forearmed

And very wise advice that is!

In your case, I would backup my installation and then try it. You will probably have to install and run it in XP compatability mode. If it does go wrong then you can restore your backup.

It's a programme I have never heard about so I'm afraid I can't be of any greater help.

Like this post
Ibanez2010

Likes # 0

I wouldn't touch it with a bargepole. It's very old and was last updated in 2007. Just looking at the website would put me off. I'd advise NOT to use it and try CCleaner instead, which has a very good reputation and does the same thing.

Like this post  
ray27

Likes # 0

Thanks for the advice I have downloaded CCleaner and it is as you say very similar so I will use that many thanks once again

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Amazon Kindle Voyage release date, price and specs UK: a high-end eReader with Amazon’s best-ever...

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How to successfully bridge the gap between clients and creatives

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room