We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Please tick resolved posts.

difarn
Resolved

Likes # 0

I'm sure it would help everyone if posters used the tick facility when a post has been resolved. It helps other posters who have a problem to know that they may be able to find an answer relatively easily.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

I quite agree, but getting posters (particularly noobies) to do it is another thing - and has always been problematic. Just have to learn to live with the fact that some don't even bother saying whether or not advice given has helped or clicking on the grey tick to turn it green ;-)

I guess all we can do is give a gentle reminder on a thread and advise how to green tick - then it's up to them.

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

Here's hoping - it would be very useful for everyone.

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

Putting this to the top again in the hope that more might read it.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Getting posters to resolve their threads has been an issue for years.

Like this post
bob.

Likes # 0

Ticked as soon as resolved satisfactory resolution

Thanks difarn. Tool works well.

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 1

It is just so useful, to everyone. Did send a message to the forum administrator to see if a message could be put at the top of each category but didn't get a response.

Like this post
Teaboy

Likes # 0

I keep looking for somewhere to click but have never found it!

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 1

If you have created a thread then on the right below Likes you will find a grey tick. Click on it and it turns green = resolved.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

"Did send a message to the forum administrator to see if a message could be put at the top of each category but didn't get a response."

You didn't send a message to me - who did you send it to, and what kind of message did you want me to put at the top of each category? If you mean a message about ticking resolved threads, we're not going to do it. We want to encourage people to use our forums freely, without feeling that they're being subjected to too many rules and regulations.

It's obviously helpful if resolved threads are ticked, but it's not the most important thing - we've lived very happily with this issue for years, as Woolwell has pointed out.

Like this post  
difarn

Likes # 0

I sent the message via the contact facility. I did receive an automated reply to the effect that the facility was there but no response to my suggestion that it possibly could be put at the top of each page as a polite request.

From the few responses it seems like it has been a thorny issue. I would have thought that if people have a specific problem then it would be very helpful if they can see that there has been a resolved thread instead of having to trawl through a mass of unresolved issues. It is also, as others have responded, the polite thing to do if you have been helped.

It wasn't my intention to cause any upset as it obviously seems to have done - feel free to remove my posts on the topic if you feel necessary.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Microsoft smartwatch release date, price and specs rumours: Launching within a few weeks

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Halloween Photoshop tutorials: 13 masterclasses for horrifying art, designs and type

IDG UK Sites

Should I upgrade from Mavericks to OS X 10.10 Yosemite? What you need to know before updating to...