We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Windows Live Mail - Server has unexpectedly terminated the connection

Wirksrail

Likes # 0

The above is the message I get when I try to send or receive mail. It states Error ID 0x800CCC0F. On googling this it advises restore system to an earlier time, but that has not workd. Advice please

Like this post
Ibanez2010

Likes # 0

Restoring to an earlier time was a bit drastic. This error is usually where there is an issue with either you antivirus software or firewall. Try disabling them and see if your mail works then. If so, you need to identify the issue with the firewall/av software.

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

Try - Tools, Accounts, Properties, Servers tab, Settings

Settings should show "Use same settings as my server".

Like this post
sharpamat

Likes # 0

If you are useing virgin media This is already an covered by an ongoing post in the helproom http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forums/1/helproom/4113275/windows7-virgin-cable-broadband-windows-live-mail-issue/

Like this post
Wirksrail

Likes # 0

Thanks for the replies. I ended up ring Virgin, and, unusually, I got a rapid response which worked.

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

Good to know they solved your problem - as a matter of interest what was it?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia Lumia 530 review: £60 smartphone offers decent build and performance, awful screen and...

IDG UK Sites

Apps watch: What the NFL can teach UK sports such as cricket and rugby

IDG UK Sites

VFX Emmy: Game of Thrones work garners gong for Rodeo FX

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, rumours, video, UK price & images: Video shows 'new, reversable iPhone 6 cha'......