We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Windows 7 Boot failure.....wont even go into safe mode....HELP!!!

arnab13

Likes # 0

Hi my computer has recently went to the windows restor screen and it did a diagnosis because my computer wont turn on. well it cant find any problems and it always goes to this windows repair thing. and? after it says no problem it shuts itself down! i have been trying for the last 2hours to find out whats wrong with it but what ever i try, its not working at all. It just keeps on restarting itself.

Edit : i tried to go on to safe mode but i cant even go on to that......whenever i try to go on safe mode, it tries to go on to safe mode but after about a min or so, it just restarts it self Can someone please help me???

Also please please dont say, take it to a professional or wt eva cos my dad is in charge of all those and he will kill me if i did that and i havent got any of the CDs with me cos they are with my dad nd i dont wanna go to him nd tell him i destroyed his desktop

Like this post
arnab13

Likes # 0

ok i burned the disc like the way you said and like the way this guy showed : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wviz1U4tqo

but when i pop the disc into my computer and start it, it doesnt boot from the disc....it just goes into the windows repair screen.....any idea why??

Like this post
Ibanez2010

Likes # 0

You need to set it up in the BIOS so that the computers first boot choice is the CD-ROM rather than the hard disk. You usually need to tap one of the function keys as the PC starts up. Have a look here to find out... http://pcsupport.about.com/od/fixtheproblem/a/biosaccess_pc.htm

Like this post
arnab13

Likes # 0

ok i managed to boot it from the reapir CD.....now wt do i do?

Like this post
arnab13

Likes # 0

ok i managed to boot it from the CD.....now wt do i do?

Like this post
Ibanez2010

Likes # 0

What's happening now? Has it booted to Windows? Or do you have a set of options to choose from? If you have some options you could first try "restore to an earlier time". If that still doesn't work, try a "startup repair".

Like this post
arnab13

Likes # 0

i tried all of the repair stuff and restore thing but still no effect. The repair thing says it cant repair it and the system restore doesnt work at all. If it helps, i can post a video of what it shows on here, if u want....

Like this post
arnab13

Likes # 0

anymore ideas?? I tried the repair stuff from the CD but it still doesnt work lol

Like this post
Ibanez2010

Likes # 0

Post a video of the the repair disc options screen and what happens.

Like this post
Ibanez2010

Likes # 0

What happened in the end? Did you get it sorted?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Windows 9 will be a free update

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 and the death of the OS as a must-have product

IDG UK Sites

Photoshop for Chromebook: a full version of Adobe's art & photography software will be streamed to...

IDG UK Sites

Best iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus deals: iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus tariffs, contracts and prices UK