We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

windows live mail inbox

J.

Likes # 0

My windows live mail always opens in the view I closed it in. How can I set it to always open at the inbox. The operating system is windows 7.

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

I don't think that you can do what you want in Windows Live, I am pretty sure that I have read in other forums that others have switched to a different email client such as Thunderbird which I understand allows you to always open with the inbox. Outlook allows this setting but not Windows Live as far as I know.

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

I think the only way to do this is to make sure you close it when you are in the inbox then it will open up in that view.

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

There may be a work around by creating a shortcut on your desktop - when you have to type a link for the shortcut put

C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Mail\wlmail.exe /mail

make sure there is a gap between the exe and the /

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 review: best ever iPhone is very good... but no longer the best phone you can buy

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple and Samsung, Google and Microsoft's schoolyard spats make them all look stupid

IDG UK Sites

How to successfully bridge the gap between clients and creatives

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room ()......