We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

no hdmi output windows 7

jmeader

Likes # 0

please help me with this issue i cannot find anything helpful after hours of searching on google relating to this issue

my card: geforce gt 545 oem 3gb (taken out of another pc that my friend gave to me) os: win 7 ultimate 64 bit cpu: xeon x3430 ram: 8gb ddr3 board: msi socket 1156 for xeon cpu

i've twice installed latest drivers GeForce 285.62 Driver

i've been into nvidia control panel and then setup multiple monitors & it only detects my other vga monitor not the hdmi one

i'm using a brand new hdmi cable & can confirm i've connected it to the correct hdmi connector on my monitor, it has 2 hdmi ports and i've tried both

when i go into device manager & display adapters there is only 1 adapter that says nvidia geforce gt 545, should there be another 1 for the hdmi?

i'm out of options, i even work in i.t as a breakfix engineer coming across similar issues like this but i cannot deal with this & really need some help so i'm really hoping someone will help me out here

i'm wondering if its anything to do with my other hardware such as the xeon cpu? (a longshot but i've only just built this pc & never built a xeon system before & would normally go for core i5 or core i7)

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

Sometimes VGA and HDMI cables conflict - have you tried DVI and HDMI?

Have you tried to uninstall driver and reinstall it while monitor was attached by HDMI?

Are your monitor drivers up to date?

Have you tried this?

1) Uninstall the driver if it's already installed. Then when you install/reinstall it instead of double clicking on the install file right click it and select "Troubleshoot Compatibility" 2) Then click "Try Recommended Settings" and in the next windows click "Start the Program" to install it. 3) After it installs see if it works correctly

Is your second monitor recognised by the Windows Display - control panel, appearange, display, connect to an external display?

Like this post
jmeader

Likes # 0

im using a dvi to vga but i will try using a dvi monitor which i have spare

ive tried to uninstall and reinstall drivers whilst both monitors attached

using latest nvidia driver as stated in my post

i will try the troubleshoot compatibility option later today

there is only 1 monitor in the windows control panel display settings, number 1 is the vga monitor, no number 2 for the hdmi

its like the hdmi port isnt actually working at all and i would expect it to be a seperate display adapter along with the DP output as well (the third output on the card is called DP i dont know what type of monitor it uses)

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

Have you tried pressing the Windows +P key - does this present an image of both screens? Does it give you any options?

You can force detection by enabling the second monitor anyway and see what happens. To do that, right click on desktop, choose Screen Resolution, then click Detect, now you have an additional monitor named "Additional monitor not detected". Anyway, from the Display dropdown menu select Available Display Output on [your graphics card name], then click Apply. See if you get some image on the secondary monitor. If it's not working, you can wait 15 seconds for automatic revert or you can press Esc to return to normal.

Worth a try.

Like this post
BRYNIT

Likes # 0

Have you installed all the drivers for your motherboard?

From the Nvadia web site you can allow it to detect the correct drivers.

Open the Nvidia control panel, under display select Set up multiple displays does the other monitor show if so select the box, the monitor needs to be switched on.

If its a TV the TV needs to switched onto the correct HDMI channel.

Like this post
jmeader

Likes # 0

tried all suggestions but no luck

im wondering if this only supports 1 output at a time and not dual output

although i cant even get it working on hdmi only if i reboot the pc and remove the dvi to vga adapter

the pc boots up but no output on screen

Like this post
jmeader

Likes # 0

im also wondering if the dvi output is shared with the hdmi output

although i cant use it at all with just the hdmi cable to tell

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

It is possible that it only supports 1 output at a time. Have you got the correct DVI cable? this article may help you.

I think you are very probably right about dvi sharing with the hdmi.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

8 cheapest 4G smartphones in the UK 2014: Best budget 4G phones

IDG UK Sites

Apple MacBook Air lab tests and benchmarks: 11-inch & 13-inch, 256GB, 2014 Mac laptops tested

IDG UK Sites

How to prank people using Google Glass

IDG UK Sites

Brian Cox to step into will.i.am's shoes with IBC keynote