We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Malwarebytes anti Malware will not run

tristar16

Likes # 0

For some time now I've been using MBAM(Free Edition version 1.60.0.1800) on my computer running Win7 Home Premium. Suddenly it has stopped working, and just will not run. (There are no error messages) I've uninstalled it, then reinstalled with no success.

Can anyone suggest what else I could try, please?

Regards, and Happy New Year to all,

tristar3

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 1

According to posts I have seen it may be that you have to download and run mbam-clean.exe and then re-install. If you Google this you will find a link. There appear to have been some problems with some anti-virus software returning false positives when MBAM has been run.

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 1

It usually is quite reliable and maybe some elements of your uninstallation are preventing it from re-installing but I understand your caution.

Like this post
tristar16

Likes # 0

Hmmn. Thank you difarn. Reading about other's problems with this program makes me think I'll do without MBAM for a while and wait for a fix.

Thank you for your reply.

tristar3

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

6 cheapest 4K TVs in the UK 2014: Get a UHD telly without breaking the bank

IDG UK Sites

Apple MacBook Air (11-inch, 256GB, Early 2014) lab tests and benchmarks

IDG UK Sites

How to stop your parents opening and responding to phishing emails

IDG UK Sites