We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Roxio Creator Starter

pellim
Resolved

Likes # 0

Roxio Creator Starter is installed on my laptop,( running Windows 7) and takes up 1.63 GB. I'd be grateful if someone could tell me what exactly Roxio does. I have iTunes installed. Do I need Roxio?

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

It is a media editing programme for creating cd's/dvd's etc that usually comes free with Dell pc's. There is quite a lot of discussion about it on the web - you will see that a lot of people have been having trouble with it and have uninstalled it. If you look at your programmes you will probably find that you have Windows Media Player and possibly another similar programme installed, all of which perform the same function.

For iTunes you need an: "iTunes-compatible CD or DVD recorder to create audio CDs, MP3 CDs, or back-up CDs or DVDs"

Here is an article about Windows Media Player that may help you. I do not use iTunes but I do have an MP3 player and successfully transfer music from my PC to it via Windows Media Player which converts it into MP3's

Like this post  
pellim

Likes # 0

Thanks difam for all the info - very helpful.

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

Glad to help.

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

Just one thing occurred to me, I think that the Roxio Media Manager may be responsible for the operation of the Dell Support Centre if you use that. There is a lot of discussion about whether to disable/uninstall this Support Centre feature if you want to "Google" this.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

I use iTunes with a normal DVD / CD drive to rip to iTunes or create audio CD's from it, with no problems.When you rip a cd you can select mp3

Like this post
pellim

Likes # 0

I've dutifully used the Support Centre to scan the hard drive etc., but on googling the matter I find you don't really need it. I'll leave it and Roxio in place for the moment. I couldn't find Support Centre on the start list, but the pop-up has a delete cross anyway. I did find my annoying Genie-soft payment-reminder pop-up and was delighted to clobber it, so thank you , difarn, for that!
Hello john bunyan - again. My DVD drive and iTunes seem to be functioning fine, I've just burned a cd, not a dvd as yet. The next problem is just around the corner...

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

Glad you are sorted. Happy New Year.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

45 Best Android games: top Android games for your smartphone or tablet in 2014 (24 are free!)

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

Do you have the X-Factor too? Mix Off app puts fans in the frame

IDG UK Sites

iPad Pro release date, rumours and leaked images - 12.9 screen 'coming in 2015'