We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

windows live sending multiple emails

conrail

Likes # 0

using windows 7 64bit sp1 with windows live mail, when I got the pc it didn't have an email program installed, it advised on downloading live mail which I did, recently I have been sending photos to family but they are claiming they are receiving multiple emails but are unable to view the photos, just the placeholder, I have looked through the setting but I must be missing something, I have downloaded incredimail 2.0 but for some reason that can't find my contacts, so if anybody can advise me I will appreciate it.

Like this post
conrail

Likes # 0

Hi difarn, sorry about the delay in replying, been experimenting with the various options, I have found that when I send a photo, for example a b&w photo of my late father in law which is a jpeg 62.2kb in size, it sends it as 13 separate pieces, occasionally it will tell me it wont send it because: An unknown error has occurred. Server Error: 554 Server Response: 554 suspicious message Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC6F Protocol: SMTP Port: 25

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

The error message may be because of anti-spam on live mail.

I can send my photos as an attachment in windows live rather than as a photo - this entails browsing to the photo on my pc and inserting it - and this works fine.

There is a programme called Windows Live Essentials Photo Gallery which you may have already installed on your PC - check by going to start and typing in "photo gallery" - if it is not there type in Windows Live Essentials and click on it - it will send you to a download site which explains the advantages of having this, including resizing of photos and being able to send e mails directly from there. This is the link

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

Forgot to mention that when I attach my photos as an attachment I make sure that I send as an attachment rather than clicking on the sky drive button - just need to check this. I have the option of resizing the photos if I want - there is a drop down box on the right hand side.

Like this post
conrail

Likes # 0

thanks difarn, I have photo gallery installed, I will send a few emails from that and let you know when I get replies,

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

Glad to help - hope it goes well.

Like this post
conrail

Likes # 0

thanks difarn but still same problem, think I'll give it up as a bad job, I appreciate yout time, patience, help and advice, the same goes for all others who tried to help, willl stick to incredimail

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

Glad to help even though the problem still occurs - many people are having many problems - the important thing is to send photos as attachments rather than using sky drive.

You can still download Windows Live 2009 - here is a link- many people have done this.

If you don't I have found this work-around - Right-click on the selected photos as usual, select send to mail recipient and re-size as wanted Once it comes up as a photo e-mail – here's the trick - hit view slideshow in the e-mail window A Photo album tools tab will now appear. Hit the format tab. Click on the paper-click (attachment) icon, and they will now be switched to attachments, at their re-sized resolutions

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

6 cheapest 4K TVs in the UK 2014: Get a UHD telly without breaking the bank

IDG UK Sites

Apple MacBook Air (11-inch, 256GB, Early 2014) lab tests and benchmarks

IDG UK Sites

How to stop your parents opening and responding to phishing emails

IDG UK Sites

Google to ship first Project Ara developer boards in July