We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

windows live sending multiple emails

conrail

Likes # 0

using windows 7 64bit sp1 with windows live mail, when I got the pc it didn't have an email program installed, it advised on downloading live mail which I did, recently I have been sending photos to family but they are claiming they are receiving multiple emails but are unable to view the photos, just the placeholder, I have looked through the setting but I must be missing something, I have downloaded incredimail 2.0 but for some reason that can't find my contacts, so if anybody can advise me I will appreciate it.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

You should be able to import your contacts into Incredimail 2.0 - Open IC and click on File - Import and Exports - Import Contacts from the suggested list.

Like this post
conrail

Likes # 0

thanks northumbria61 but clicking on file/import and export/ import contacts/windows live mail tells me there are no contact to import from windows live mail, opening live mail all contacts are there but ic is not finding or recognising them

Like this post
conrail

Likes # 0

thanks northumbria61 but clicking on file/import and export/ import contacts/windows live mail tells me there are no contact to import from windows live mail, opening live mail all contacts are there but ic is not finding or recognising them

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

Firstly, you need to export your contacts from Windows Live Mail

You should be able to then import them to Incredimail.

**To save your Windows Live Hotmail address book to a CSV file: Select Options | More options... (or just Options in the Windows Live Hotmail toolbar. Follow the Export contacts link under Customize your contacts. Click Export contacts.**

This file should then be put onto your desktop.

You can now import contacts from the "WLMContacts.csv" file into Incredimail.

click the 'File' menu in the IncrediMail main window, select 'Import and Export', and select 'Import Contacts'.

Next, select the 'IncrediMail Export Contacts (csv format)'.

Select the 'CSV' file that you saved to your desktop and import your contacts.

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

Hi again,

Further delving brought up many incidents of what you are experiencing about multiple copies.

Have a look at this article and a possible fix when you have the contacts problem sorted.

Like this post
conrail

Likes # 0

thanks difarn contacts problem sorted, looking at link to other problem now

Like this post
conrail

Likes # 0

Hi difarn, page mentions WLM control panel, where do I look to find this?

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

After you have logged on, in the top right hand corner you will see "Options" - click on this and you will get a drop-down box - click on "more options" and you will then see the "control panel" where you can change your settings.

Like this post
conrail

Likes # 0

thanks difarn but forgive me if I appear thick but under options I have the following: Mail - gives me spelling, compose, read, receipts, etc. Email accounts - a list of my email accounts newsgroups (greyed out at I do not subscribe to any newsgroups) Feeds - don't sunscribe to feeds Safety Options - phishing, security, trust centre, safe and blocked senders still cannot see control panel

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

It would appear that I probably have a different version to you - have a look at this article which I think is what you need - scroll down to number 6 where you can check the leaving messages on server item.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals: Get bargains on smartphones, tablets, laptops and more

IDG UK Sites

What the Internet of Things will look like in 2015: homes will get smarter, people might get fitter

IDG UK Sites

See how Trunk's animated ad helped Ade Edmondson plug The Car Buying Service

IDG UK Sites

Yosemite tips: Complete Guide to OS X Yosemite