We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Window 7 Samsung N220

natbailey61

Likes # 0

Hi, I have a serious problem with a recovery which did not solve the problem. I now have no internet the screen is wrong the icons and programs have disappeared and I just cannot use the computer anymore. can someone let me know if I can recover the system by running the program in safe mode or how can I recover the system to to yesterday's setting. Thank you for you help.

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

If you can get into safe mode then it should be possible to run system restore from there. If you do manage to get into safe mode you'll be asked if you would rather do a system restore,save you having to look for it.

Like this post
natbailey61

Likes # 0

Hi Chronus

Thank you for the reply but the safe mode is not loading properly either, so. I was thinking that if I could type a command in MS dos, I could it that way.

Thank you

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

You would need to be able to start Windows 7 in safe mode with command prompt then type rstrui.exe, and then press ENTER.

You can also try this method: restore.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

There are 4 posts open on this problem one of which I have just added to before making the discovery.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Take a look here (scroll down) for instructions enter link description here

Like this post
natbailey61

Likes # 0

Hi there,

I could not see what I was meant to do, I cannot download anything

thank you

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

If you have the Samsung Recovery Solution III then some info here, link

Like this post
natbailey61

Likes # 0

Window Thank you for your helps, but unfortunately 7 is not loading properly and therefore I cannot access date to restore to previous dateas it does not load window properly. Is there anyway I can install Window 7 again without a cd or dvd but from the computer hard drive if that makes sense. Window is loading but it is unusable.

thank you in advance

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

As in my previous link you should be able to keep tapping the F4 key on start-up to get to the recovery window.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 review: The best iPad mini and Nexus 7 rival tablet around

IDG UK Sites

Which Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014

IDG UK Sites

Mobile email is powerful and useful - but also hopelessly intrusive

IDG UK Sites

Samsung lights up London skyline with Midnight Rainbow