We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Recomended Specification of PCI-Express card for Video Editing

Audio~~Chip

Likes # 0

Hello

Can someone point me in the right direction for what specification I need to look for in a PCI Express Video Card for Win 7 Desktop, 8GB RAM, and a I5-2500 CPU please

Prefer it to be in the ATI type I got lost when I saw the breakdown of the ATI models.

Thanks

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

And your budget is?

Like this post
Audio~~Chip

Likes # 0

Hello Chronus

Budget I would say upto £100 but prefer something arround £60 - £80 if at all possible if it has to be nearer the £100 then ok.

Its for use of my son age 14 who is into making his own video clips, he's good but struggling on our old Packard Bell machine, I don't let him on my machines and prefer him to have is own.

Thanks for calling in

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

*Audio~~Chip. *

For video editing you generally only need a mediocre graphics card the RAM and CPU are far more important so I would look for the best for your budget.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 10 launch event as it happened: Read our Windows 10 launch live blog - find out first as...

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 and the death of the OS as a must-have product

IDG UK Sites

Video trends: 4K is here – HDR video, VR and 3D audio is coming

IDG UK Sites

Best iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus deals: iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus tariffs, contracts and prices UK