We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Router problem

danny310890

Likes # 0

I have a huawei echolife hg520 that im using as a wireless router for my modem which works but only when it wants too sometimes i can connect it works fine and the next day it does not assign my laptop a ip address

I have searched for a manual for this, there is one on the talktalk website but im not a customer of them, the router was giving to me by my sister a few years back when she had talktalk, I cannot download the manual from there

the router does not give me a lan ip, it directly assigned me its own ip from the modem 82.42.X.X, I dont want that to happen i want it too assign an ip of 192.168.X.X

I have lost my netgear router which i would use any day and bin this piece of crap, i have no other router but this so this will have to do for now

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

You can download the full manual for the Huawei Echolife HG520 from the link on disqworld.net/forums ClickHere a member has put it on rapidshare

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

EE brings 4G LTE to Cornwall and a total of 21 new towns

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

5 things Android Wear *can't* do: Smartwatch OS is great but not flawless

IDG UK Sites

Sharknado 2 VFX: how The Asylum created CG flying man-eating sharks