We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

What is the best PC cleanup software

Les0191

Likes # 0

Hi, Can you please advise me on the best value for money PC cleanup software. I am currently using AVG PCtuneup 2011 and scan once a week. It seems to do an effective job, but I as there are numerous similar products on the market could you advise me which would be the best one for me to run on my desktop(Vista) and my laptop(7)

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

CC Cleaner is a free download and very well respected. However, a word of advice. Don't be tempted to run registry scans too often as there is a danger of deleting important registry files. If you do use this function make sure that you accept the option to back up registry files. Open a folder for this in My Documents and name each back up with the date. Have a read of this article which also has a link to the download.

In addition, should you suspect a problem with malware free Malwarebytes is an excellent programme. Read this article for information and a link to the download.

Like this post
ajs160n

Likes # 0

Advanced system care free--it does the lot and more and is totally free--ajs160n

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Alpha vs iPhone 5S comparison review: Metal smartphones fight

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Fonts review

IDG UK Sites

Best Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014