We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Windows 7 .No audio

vs6gyrob

Likes # 0

Hi all, ,will try to be brief and factual..! The Motherboard is Foxconn 945G7MD series,socket 775 Processor INtel Pentium dual CPU E2180 2GB,Memory(RAM) 4gb(3.24gb usable) System 64bit.. Two hard drives ,one with 2 x Windows XP (Pro) and the other 1TB with Windows 7 'Ulimate' installed.. Problem, Audio on the Win XP drives is fine and uses, Reaktek drivers. but on Win 7, device manager shows .High definition audio (S/PDIF ) device, and "this device is working properly". All I hear is a sharp cracking noise when switching on or off ! .. Can I change the S/PDIF device to Realtek with appropriate drivers . I seem to have tried almost everything else.. ! Glad for any help . Many thanks

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

In Win 7f you go to Control Panel, Hardware and Sound and click on Sound you should have a tabbed box pop up showing Playback Devices. Is one of these labelled Speakers? If so make it your Default Device and not the Digital S/PDIF which is a digital output.

Like this post
vs6gyrob

Likes # 0

Good evening chub-tor , thanks for your reply. Been through the suggestions you mention, before; just done it again.... no joy ! As you are well aware there is a panel showing various components, i.e speakers ,phones, twin cable connectors etc . Any one is connected as 'default' , but unfortunately makes no difference... My original thought was -as I mentioned ,- changing the device to Realtek as on my other drive..! How .? I'm not sure . Thanks anyway

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

this link will take you to the drivers page for your motherboard and the 4th item down are the Realtek Audio drivers. There does not seem to be any for Win 7 (click on the View Detail link) but there are Vista drivers that might work. Certainly worth downloading them and giving it a try to see if it shows up in Win 7 Device Manager and Control Panel.

Like this post
vs6gyrob

Likes # 0

O.K chub_tor, just got your message. Was about to switch off and checked.. Tomorrow will try your 'link' and let you know results, sounds good ! Thanks again

Like this post
cathyacur

Likes # 0

Aimersoft Music Converter is a fast and effective DRM(Digital Rights Management) remover and DRM music converter that legally convert music to mp3 and removes DRM protection from iTunes (.m4v) music and Windows Media Player (.wmv, .asf). Convert DRM music to any popular audio format to virtually any popular audio format including WMA, M4A, M4B, AAC, AC3, WAV and MP3.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Had a problem with my Foxconn onboard audio as it had no stereo-mix. Running Win 7 64-bit I tried this driver and even though it says 32-bit it works OK for me.

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

Ignore post from cathyacur, it looks like spam to me.

Like this post
vs6gyrob

Likes # 0

Hello,again chub_tor, my apologies for the delay in replyng , got 'roped in' for other mundane tasks.. Well after all the problems I loaded you with, and after going on the Realtek download sites, it suddenly dawned on me (twit that I am ), that tucked away with a stack of other old discs, that I actually had one, (a disc), for the Foxconn motherboard. complete with drivers!!!! Had'nt been used for the past 4 0r 5 years .. Problem solved, and I do apologise to you and anyone else who bothered to reply with offers of help May I wish you,, and all, a very Happy Christmas and a great New Year

Like this post
vs6gyrob

Likes # 0

Hi rdave13, Many thanks for your input regarding my problem. My apologies to you also for the delay in replying.. As you have probably read my earlier comments, to chub_tor; I actually had the answer 'all along'; , having a Foxconn motherboard disc , (tucked away ) I was halfway through downloading from the Realtek site when the thought 'struck' me ( Must 'get with it ' ) However , many thanks again , for your suggestions my best wishes to you and yours , Cheers

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

Glad you got it sorted out, the drivers on your disc won't be the latest, but if they work then I wouldn't bother trying to update them. "If it ain't broke then don't try and fix it," is a good axiom.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

6 cheapest 4K TVs in the UK 2014: Get a UHD telly without breaking the bank

IDG UK Sites

Apple MacBook Air (11-inch, 256GB, Early 2014) lab tests and benchmarks

IDG UK Sites

How to stop your parents opening and responding to phishing emails

IDG UK Sites

Google to ship first Project Ara developer boards in July