We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Power Management driver for ASUS P5ND2 SE motherboard and Win7

Salmac9

Likes # 0

I've upgraded my Desktop PC by doing a clean load on Win 7 ( from Win Vista). Motherboard is an ASUS P5ND2 SE, CPU is Intel Core 2 Duo Processor 6700 @ 2.66 GHz, Op System is 32 Bits.All seems well except that Win 7 is asking me to download Power Management driver and install it, when I click on the first option it re-directs me to a file called AMD CoolnquietutilityV21801_XPVistaWin7.zip. when I try to open this file it cannot find the ASUSSetup.ini file. I also visited the ASUS website and tried to find the driver, however it seems that there are no driver development for this motherboard beyond WinVista. So what are the consequences of running Win7 system without Power Management drivers ? Or do I re-load Win Vista and forget upgrading this machine to Win 7 ? Thanks for any advice.

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

There are no Windows 7 BIOS, chipset, or drivers for that motherboard which means that you would be better sticking with Vista.

Like this post
Salmac9

Likes # 0

Thanks Chronus, I had a feeling that in this case it's best to stick to the original OP system. Shame that MS update advisor did not pick this problem before I upgraded to Win 7. Now I'll need to re-install Win Vista and use my copy of Win 7 on a new Pc without OP system which I have thinking of purchasing. Thanks again.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 10 release date, price, features. The next version of Windows will run on everything:....

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 and the death of the OS as a must-have product

IDG UK Sites

Video trends: 4K is here – HDR video, VR and 3D audio is coming

IDG UK Sites

How Windows 10 is even more like Mac OS X, and not just because it's another OS Ten