We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Removing programs

bramblebeach

Likes # 0

I have a number of casual game programs which I wish to remove. However, I get the message that the installation log cannot be found. How to proceed please

Like this post
tullie

Likes # 0

Which uninstall program are you using?

Like this post
bramblebeach

Likes # 0

Mixed. Usually Big Fish Games, sometimes Yahoo games installers

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

With these types of games don't they have their own games 'manager' from the sites installed on your PC? See if those 'managers' are still installed on your PC so you can uninstall the games.

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

Before you have a go at other things try this simple fix:-

Navigate to program’s installation folder - ?downloads Cut or move the INSTALL.LOG to somewhere else. eg: desktop or my documents. Reminder: Move the file, not copy.

Run the uninstaller and it will ask you to locate the INSTALL.LOG file.

Select the file you moved earlier and delete.

If this doesn't work - do you have CC Cleaner installed? If you do then open "Tools" and try to uninstall from there.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

Some use Revo (free version) if windows doesn't do it.

http://www.revouninstaller.com/revouninstallerfree_download.html

Like this post
kimjohn

Likes # 0

Aimersoft DVD Ripper is an easy-to-use DVD ripper for you to rip DVD to MP4 with fast ripping speed and high video quality bypassing the DVD CSS and region code protection. Besides MP4, it can also convert DVD to all other regular video formats like AVI, WMV, MOV, FLV, MKV, etc. and extract audios from DVD. Besides, video editing functions like clip, rotate, add watermarks, adjust video effects, etc. are provided. The equivalent Mac version is Aimersoft DVD Ripper for Mac, which can help you convert DVD to MP4 on Mac OS X, including Snow Leopard and Lion.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

Spam. FE infomed.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...