We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

cannot lock current drive

ricpat

Likes # 0

Iam unable to run disk check from command prompt, after trying to run dskdsk tells me, The type of file is NTFS, Then cannot lock current drive, Then Windows cannot run disk checking on this Volume because it is write protected, have checked in bios no write protected no hiar left please help

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Try w7 diskpart.exe (google for info on it)

Read advice on this WriteProtectedDisk

Like this post
ricpat

Likes # 0

Lotvic thanks did not work, looking in forums seems this problem as been going on for quite a while, when trying to run 7 tells me windows\system 32\drivers\Wdf10000,sys missing folder empty on widows reg hence trying to run chkdsk to replace missing, have even run windows 7 on another hardrdive and tried to move folder unto reg but will not let me will have to keep trying thanks forhelp regards ric

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

Have you checked that all of your drivers are up to date? Have a look at this article about performing a clean boot.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Android One vs Android Silver vs Google Nexus: What is the difference?

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

Long live the internet fridge: the Internet of Things is coming

IDG UK Sites

How Prometheus' colourist Juan Ignacio Cabrera gave a tense, edgy feel to Chosen