We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Restoring Factory Settings on Belinea o.book 3

mollflanders

Likes # 0

Hi,

Can anyone help me to restore a Maxdata Belinea o.book 3 running Vista back to factory settings. I have no restoration disks. I've tried alt&F10 and F12 with no joy and cant seem to find anything on google.

Thanks in advance

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

Although it is not specifically for your PC this article explains how to do it.

You will of course have to re-install drivers and software, and of course your backed-up data - don't forget bookmarks, e-mail contacts etc.

Look carefully at the advice before you take any action. If you do go ahead be sure to visit Microsoft to get any security patches which may have been released after the release date of the computer.

Like this post
mollflanders

Likes # 0

Thank you I will have a try with this.

Like this post
mollflanders

Likes # 0

Having a nightmare, need the administrator password to continue and I cant remember it.

Upon further reading full system restore has been disabled in Vista Home editions apparently and can only restore to an earlier date. I actually want to lose everything!

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

Did you not get the option to do a "full factory recovery" as per no. 8 of the instructions?

You don't actually want a system restore -you want a full factory recovery.

Did you have a log-in password? Is this what you can't remember?

You could try to create another administrator's account. Boot up pc - tapping F8 until it boots up in safe mode - then go into Control Panel - User Accounts and create another Admin Account with a new password.

Then try to go through the steps again.

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

It may be that you will not be able to do a factory reset without any disk if that option is not being presented to you. In this case perhaps if you do a restore to the earliest possible date - was there one for example dated just after you first started using the laptop?

Do you know whether you can obtain any recovery disks for this notebook?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Motorola Moto G vs Nokia Lumia 530 comparison: What's the best budget smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Everything you need to know about Apple's iPhone Camera in iOS 8

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't trust password managers

IDG UK Sites

How to make an 'Apple iWatch' using an iPod nano and a 3D printer