We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Jude13
Resolved

Likes # 0

All of a sudden I am being prompted to enter login details when I try to open windows mail - and I can't remember them! Spoon feed me through this one please! Thanks.

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 1

You mean you are being asked for your e-mail address and password. You said "all of a sudden" - previously did you not have to sign in at all - are you aware of having made any changes?

Has your security software updated recently - sometimes there is a conflict with hotmail.

If you cannot remember your password then the only route in is to go into the "help" under the log in panel and follow the instructions there -it will mean creating a new password.

I see that there have been a few instances of late with the same issue on Vista machines.

Like this post  
Jude13

Likes # 0

Thanks, never had to log in before - not added any new security software, will follow your suggestions.........

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons not to wait for the Apple Watch: Why you shouldn't buy the iWatch

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How Emotional Debt is damaging digital design

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room