We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Computer shuting down when browser on

tofayel521

Likes # 0

Hi, I have installed windows8 in my computer.when I open internet explorer7 and starting brows then computer shut down.please give me a good suggestion.

Like this post
BurrWalnut

Likes # 0

Firstly, Windows Development Preview (Win 8) uses Internet Explorer 10, not 7.

There are two ways to run IE, in Desktop Mode and in Metro Mode, which one is misbehaving, or is it both?

Like this post
mobing

Likes # 0

even don't know what the win 8 lok like !

Like this post
johnathann

Likes # 0

Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8. It offers more stability while also giving higher security among many other features.

Like this post
mobing

Likes # 0

complicated !

Like this post
sharpamat

Likes # 0

Its actually not complicated but quite simple. Windows 8 ( That this Forum ) uses IE 10 which is a preview version

All other windows versions use up to IE9

Like this post
orono2011

Likes # 0

hi, uninstall IE 8, download IE 7 and install it on the computer this should work.And you can symbian development tools

1: http://tbldevelopmentfirm.com/services/mobile-applications-development/symbian-development/ for more help.

Like this post
orono2011

Likes # 0

hi, uninstall IE 8, download IE 7 and install it on the computer this should work.And you can use symbian development tools for more help.

Like this post
helppconline

Likes # 0

Window8 not supporting IE7, you should upgrade IE9 or 10.

Thanks

Like this post
sharpamat

Likes # 0

Win 8 actually has IE10

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals: Get bargains on smartphones, tablets, laptops and more

IDG UK Sites

What the Internet of Things will look like in 2015: homes will get smarter, people might get fitter

IDG UK Sites

See how Trunk's animated ad helped Ade Edmondson plug The Car Buying Service

IDG UK Sites

Yosemite tips: Complete Guide to OS X Yosemite