We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Problem loading Artwork in Windows Media Player 12

kwil2

Likes # 0

Hi... I'm running Windows 7 (64-bit) Home Premium. I'm having a problem with album artwork showing in Library View and in the full window of Windows Media Player 12. I have WMP Plus and WMPCD Text as plug-ins.

At Organize>Manage Libraries>Music I've added a folder containing MP3 files. I simply want to add the appropriate album cover to each different track. I have these covers in another folder in My Documents. With the previous version WMP 11, this proved easy. However, with WMP12...

Here's the problem:

In Library View, I click on eg 'Track 1' name>Tag Editor Plus>Pictures tab etc>Add>appropriate cover from folder as above>Apply

The artwork now shows in both Library View & when I play the 'Track 1'. So far, so good.

However, when I do the same with 'Track 2' and click 'Apply' the artwork from 'Track 1' shows beside 'Track 2', with BOTH tracks now showing the SAME artwork!

When I play 'Track 2' in 'Library View', 'Track 1's cover shows at the left and the correct cover shows top right!

When I play 'Track 2' in full window, Track 1's cover shows!

Clearly, Track 2's info is somehow not being carried over.

I've a lot of MP3 files I want to treat with their separate covers and I can't proceed till I get this sorted out.

I've even tried a rebuild of WMP 12 to see if that helped, but no...same result.

Can someone please tell me where I'm going wrong?

Many thanks

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

You may want to have a look at this - it may help.

Like this post
QuizMan

Likes # 0

I have never tried doing this in WMP, but I have successfully applied separate artwork to separate tracks using the free MP3 Tag Editor

Like this post
kwil2

Likes # 0

Hi difarn... Thanks for taking time to reply. Well...least I now know it's an issue with WMP12 and that I'm not the only one who has this problem! I'll have a go at one or two suggestions and report back, good or bad...

Like this post
kwil2

Likes # 0

Hi Quizman...I actually used MP3Tag to do that (excellent free software!) When I played 'Track 1' from within MP3Tag and WMP12 opened (by default), everything was fine. However when I did the same with Track 2...well...read main post!...grrr! Thanks nevertheless for your input...any other suggestion would be welcome!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple shouldn't be blamed for exploitation in China and Indonesia